Video marketing is powerful — but do you know just how powerful and effective it really is? Here are just a few reasons, backed by statistics, that prove the choice to invest in video marketing is an awesome move!
1. Marketing with Video Works.
Video marketing, or marketing with the use of video, is one of the most powerful ways to engage and convert viewers to customers. Video engages viewers quickly through the use of imagery, audio, and contextual information, as it’s a medium that is quickly and easily understood.
And there’s not doubt people are watching video online:
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016 (Cisco).
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic (ByteMobile Mobile Analytics Report).
- 33% of tablet owners watch one hour of video per day on their device (Brain Shark).
- 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will actually read content (Digital Sherpa).
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
- Every day 100 million internet users watch an online video (Digital Sherpa).
Ok, so there’s a lot of video content out there. How will this help your marketing efforts? Are you actually going to see a return on the investment of video production?
According to these researchers, the answer is a resounding YES!
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions (Invodo).
- 75% of users visit the marketer’s website after viewing a video (Digital Sherpa).
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, or communications (Brain Shark).
- Online video production will account for more than one-third of all online advertising spending within the next five years (Borrell Associates).
- Using the word video in email subject lines boosts open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26% (Brain Shark).
For all these reasons, video on your website is an effective method of marketing to your customers. And many businesses are choosing to add video to their websites. In fact, 76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority for most marketing teams than Facebook, Twitter, and blogging. But the two can also work hand in hand….
2. Social Media Success
Go take a look at your favorite social media channel. What do you see?
Chances are, a significant amount (between 40-70 percent) of that content is video. Invodo reports that 92 percent of mobile video viewers will share that video content on their social media platforms. Simply Measured found that Facebook videos are shared 1,200 percent more than links and text posts combined.
Rhythm NewMedia asserts that mobile video ads that include social media buttons drive 36 percent higher engagement. ReelSEO has discovered that every auto-shared tweet of a video results in an average of six new YouTube browsing sessions stemming from the shared video.
So if Social Media is part of your marketing mix, video can be the secret ingredient to social media marketing success.
3. Good for SEO: Search Engines Love Video Content
Forrester Research has found that the presence of video on a web page actually makes it 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engine.
While the constantly changing Google algorithms do keep the exact percentages shifting slightly, the principle remains clear: video increases your webpage and your searchability in Google’s search engine pages.
But those aren’t the only benefits. Video can also benefit your SEO through:
- Significant increase of time-on-page by viewers.
- Up to 3 times more links on average to pages with video.
- Two-to-three hundred (200-300) percent more unique site visits.
Whether you’ve already invested in video production for marketing purposes, or if you’re only starting to dip your toes in the water of the video production world, Sparkworks Media can be your indispensable Seattle video production company partner. We’re excited to help your business market with video, increase user engagement and extend your brand awareness through creative video production.
Have a project in mind or just want to explore ideas? Contact our team to talk about how we can help engage your audience.